Monday, June 27, 2005

Endings...

My rabbit died this Saturday.

On my wedding day, I picked her up to give her a hug before going to church and her nails left deep red scratches on my neck... And I didn't mind because they were a reminder that she was around.

Some of you will understand why, if your eyelashes are long enough, your nose velvety enough, if you love me enough to jump on my bed every morning and cuddle in my face for an hour, with your nose pressed against mine so we share breaths, and if I love you enough that I can tell your moods by the smell of your skin, if your fur is soft enough and the back of your neck smells sweet enough, if you wriggled under my knee and fell asleep the first day I got you home, and got on the bed to sleep on my pyjamas, in my smell, when I wasn't home, if you follow me around in the house, even when I went to the bathroom, and settle between my feet when I am standing in front of the sink doing the dishes, if you feel secure enough that I would never hurt you, that I am the only person you dare to bite, if you look cute enough when you shake your head and dig in your ears, if you lick my face and my legs and my toes while I'm sitting on the computer, if you always pick a spot to lie down from which you can see where I am, if you miss me enough when I go on a trip that you spend the first couple of nights after my return jumping on and off the bed, to check I'm still there, and then you sulk because I left you, if I've spent long enough looking at you and stroking you that I can tell exactly what spots you have and what your fur looks like on every part of your body, then you can destroy my most loved possessions, make my life 10 times more complicated than it would have been otherwise, and still, just the thought that you'll be home when I get back will make me happy.

The rest of you who don't, are probably lucky.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: