Sunday, August 14, 2005

When the Poop hits the Fan

So... we've been sharing house with Matilda for a week now and it's been... I'd tell you, but I'm too tired to remember.

Our baby is beautiful, precious, sweet, and she makes the silliest hamster-faces when she wants to poop (Look of concentration, eyes crossed, cheeks puffed out, and PUSH!) I'll take a picture one of these days.

It's not as sweet as it all sounds though, because poor thing apparently finds it very difficult to produce anything, and cries and cries... while we frantically rub, pat, stroke her back, try to figure out what she wants, or just cry with her (that's me, mostly.) I never thought I'd be so happy to see a dirty nappy in my life.

Ok, some of it is funny, and some of it is AMAZINGLY overwhelming, and scary (what if she wants to eat instead? What if I'm STARVING MY BABY???) and frustrating. And the hormones aren't helping.

The cat loves her, and we love her when she's not crying, and we're working on it when she does. More updates when I'm more sane.

She *IS* sweet though... And let it be recorded for posterity now, that YES, I still want more (you hear that, you out there?)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Laura said...

You have a beautiful family. Enjoy these moments. My son is now four months old, and I still remember those precious first days and weeks.