Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Roll out the Red Carpet

... Matilda has rolled over! After days of fruitless efforts, of baby rolling on her side, falling on her arm and getting stuck there, she finally Made It on Monday evening. She started off by holding on to my finger and pulling herself over, but now she can make it on her own. I guess this is the start of mobility and all sorts of trouble, but I can't help feeling proud nevertheless. Now when the cat is lying next to her she tries to roll towards him, and when she gets a bit too close for comfort he just gives her a nudge with his paw and she rolls back on her back again.

She has the very charming habit of looking up at me and smiling when she wakes up in the morning. I suspect all babies do that. Still, it's special. Also, right now she's sitting on my lap and having the hick-ups. Also-also, she's started babbling to herself and others in a voice that sounds like Marge Simpson. ("Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarw. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrw. Where's my cigarette?")

A few days ago we woke up to this outside our window: Matilda's first snow, only she couldn't play with it yet. Here it is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So guess what I did yesterday (Wednesday. I don't know when I'll manage to complete this.) I bought a pram with a toddler seat. On which Matilda will sit when her little brother or sister is born. Whom we haven't started trying to conceive yet, and won't be trying for at least until March. Isn't it a beauty though? Just missing (another) baby now! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This week the cat has learned how to open the bathroom door. He jumps up, hangs from the door handle and presto, he's in. During the past few days, Peter and I have had to get used to the door suddenly opening, Domino walking in, giving the floor a sniff and walking out again. Now if ONLY we could teach him how to close the door on his way out I wouldn't mind that much, but it gets a bit breezy, you know?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

People who see this picture ask why we're making baby-salad. Tempting, but it's just a bathtub... Supposedly it imitates the position they had in the womb, and (more importantly, as far as I'm concerned) Matilda can sit in it without needing me to hold her all the time... She really likes it. I don't actually own the thing (It's a plastic BUCKET that costs £20,) my neighbour lent it to me for a week, but Matilda liked it so much that I'm seriously tempted (even though I'll feel stupid afterwards for buying a bucket that costs £20.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And here's a couple of funnies... The first story is TRUE. I thought it might have been the newspaper playing a joke on the readers, but I looked it up and it's actually a real product. Have fun!


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1868371,00.html


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1799449,00.html

Milkdrunk:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Busted:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: