Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Lagophile

Philip is obsessed by bunnies. The four-legged kind, for the next 12-15 years at least, hopefully. He has a mobile hanging over his crib with some bunnies hanging from it, and he's in love. He'll lie under it staring in rapture and smiling like a toothless fool, even if it's not playing music. For ages. We also have a watercolour of some rabbits hanging on the wall over his changing mat. He totally loves that one too. He twists his head to look at it when I'm changing his nappy, and smiles and smiles. Today he was flopping on the mat, kicking with his little legs and jumping, until he twisted himself to a better angle to be able to enjoy the art. Then he continued to smile at his long-eared buddies.

You can see the alluring lagomorphs here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, I want to ask you a question: How many times do you think Philip has smiled at me? Ummm... one. Maybe. I'm not sure, to be honest. He might have been looking at the bunnies over my shoulder.

Do you think if I get out my rabbit ears, he'll like me more?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: