Sunday, July 08, 2007

Great-full

Pink Elephants non-withstanding, I'm doing quite well, and thanks to everyone who called-emailed-commented. I've gone a whole week without actually wanting to murder anyone, which is definately a milestone these days, and I can appreciate again how lucky I am to be able to stay with my babies. Matilda switched back from being a demon-spawn (at least to my eyes) to being a clever little sassy funny girl, and she seems intent on proving to me just how fun she is. So this post is about all these funny things that she's been doing, that I couldn't appreciate a couple of weeks ago.

I was playing a game with Matilda yesterday, where I would describe an animal and she had to guess what it was.


Me: What animal barks and wags his tail when he's happy?
Matilda: It's a dog!

Me: And what animal likes to gallop and lives in a stable?
Matilda: It's a horse!

Me: And what animal is very small, has a long tail, and likes to eat cheese?
Matilda: (thinks for a while) It's Matilda!


Matilda dancing with Daddy:






Incidentally, if you watch closely towards the end of the video (when Peter picks Philip up) you'll see Matilda doing her angry face. I call it "the constipated hamster face" and she insists on doing it although it is completely counterproductive, because it makes me laugh rather than feel intimidated.

At some point last week, Philip woke up in the middle of the night for a feed, and Matilda woke up at the same time too, and wanted to cuddle with me. I asked her to just lie next to me and cuddle with my leg while I was feeding Philip, and she snuggled next to my thigh and was quiet. I thought she might have fallen back to sleep. After Philip finished breastfeeding I asked Peter to take him back to his bed, and Matilda said "Thank you mummy, giving baby Philip to daddy."



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Today Matilda was eating her breakfast and she sneezed, and some of it came flying out of her mouth... She thought it was really funny and said "My nose make my food spill out!"



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We were out the other day and Peter had to go to the toilet, and had to take Matilda with him (I was feeding Philip and couldn't run after her.) He came back to report that while they were in the toilet together, Matilda excitedly yelled "OH, HELLO DADDY'S WILLY!"

My weird baby:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Relaxing in the ball-pit at Atticus' birthday party:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And sneaking a bite, just in case:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Atticus with Philip:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And with Matilda:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Babies Don't Keep

Mother, oh Mother,
come shake out your cloth,
empty the dustpan,
poison the moth,
hang out the washing
and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother
whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery,
blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep'

~Author Unknown ~ (pinched from Kris' blog)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Bronwen said...

Take each day at a time... Life'll start making sense again.... you just need to be patient.
As for Matilda, it can be hard to welcome a new sibling..... At an age when it's hard to share toys.... sharing your most treasured mummy is TOUGH!
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Xrysavghi said...

Hey Anna! It's Chryssavghi! I hadn't read your blog since March so I caught up tonight!Yeap! I read it all..Not much to say,in no way can i think how it is to be a mummy so I shut up:-)..All the pics+videos are cute and funny..I should send you en e-mail sometime with my news but in a hurry, I am fine, I am waiting for the results for one last lesson at the university and I am writing my essay (diplomatiki, den ksero pos tin lene sta agglika).After that i have no idea what I am going to do..I just hope i will be able to relax for a few months and think about my options..At 8/8 we have 1-year anniversary with Fotis and I've never been more happy:-)..Keep up and stay strong..Evi tells me about your news every now and then. Bye! Kiss the babies, say hello to Pete and many many kisses to you!

Kris said...

Lovely to hear you're feeling so much better - and glad you liked the poem. It's just gorgeous, isn't it, and you can appreciate it so much more when you've got a newborn.

My littlest girl turned four last month, and she loves her brother too much to get jealous over him, so her behaviour has spiralled off in another direction altogether - she kicks off when I put my new glasses on! She doesn't like me wearing them. Work that one out!

Still suffering Indio-envy here...