Sunday, October 28, 2007

And I quote:

More and more often these days, Matilda says things that blow my mind away. A lot of them are quotes lifted out of books we read, but she still uses them appropriately and in context. The other day Philip was jumping around in his bouncer, and Matilda said "Mummy, he's glad to be alive!"



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



For the life of me, I can't figure out where she got that from, and I've been obsessively going through her books trying to find it. When your two year old comes out with a thing like that, it sure does freak you out.



Other things she comes up with are less deep and more hilarious. A particular favourite is a quote from Room on the Broom: "...he dropped it politely, and eagerly said..." Matilda will drop something (or throw it on the floor) and say "There! I dropped it politely!" Very often, that something is our poor, long-suffering Scrabble.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Other times Scrabble becomes a "dingle dangle scarecrow, with a flippy floppy hat."



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



So I was (telling her off) explaining that she has to be gentle, and cats don't like being flippy floppy, they just like being stroked, and she said "I see, mummy. I see."





Matilda loved having Marilena around. She called her Malena, and followed her around like a lovesick (and very very loud) puppy. I fear my crazy kids have permanently put Marilena off the idea of having a family. (And she didn't even visit when Philip was going through his shrieking phase!)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





Matilda is trying to enjoy a drink incognito:



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Matilda is turning into a little manipulator. When she realises I'm getting annoyed she swoops in with big kisses and "I love you mummy! I love you VERY MUCH!" (then goes back to doing whatever it was that annoyed me in the first place.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I suppose Philip will never become a vegetarian:



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Aha! Eureka!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: