Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Back with the barbarians

We came, we saw, we snottered.

First of all a disclaimer: I humbly apologise for ever suggesting that my brother does not read my blog. I stand corrected. He does follow my blog, apparently, because he is a caring, lovely human being with an attention span longer than 6 minutes. Who knew?

(Actually, the Elder Gods gran t him infinite knowledge as pertains to my blog, in exchange for the sacrificial offering of innocent infants. So he doesn't have to read it. Shhhhh...)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



So now it's only Marilena who still hasn't read the post of shame.


The trip to Greece was as good as could be expected. We managed to see everyone (even if it was brief and hectic) and we didn't end up in hospital this time. We saw lots of Andreas and Gianna. Matilda is absolutely smitten with Gianna -she adores her and now that we're back she still says "I had a good time with Gianna" at random times.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got to spend lots of time with my baby brother too...


My baby brother I said! Who is this hairy person?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



(Notice that grim looking chap on the wall behind him? It's supposed to be an oil painting of Beethoven. Yes, I had THAT looking down at me when I was practicing the piano... Talk about a guilt trip. Peter said "I see he hasn't cheered up since we saw him last.")


Andreas had to revise his UNSUBSTANTIATED, I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE GOT THE IDEA FROM comment that Philip looks like the Gollum... There was lots of mushy gushy "isn't he so beautiful? Isn't he so clever?" from the loving Uncle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He wasn't crazy about Philip's food though:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I also managed to spend a decent amount of time with Evi... We even went out together a couple of times, when Peter was babysitting.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Matilda getting back at Evi for Last Year:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the last weekend, we went to Attica Park (thank you Andreas!) Ok, FINALLY a reason to not be ashamed be proud to be Greek.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Andreas pointed this out to me: "Does this remind you of someone we know?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Katerina, Les and Maria Lorna came to see us, driving all the way from Thessaloniki especially for us... Unfortunately they hit the worse of Matilda's illness (that night she had a temp of 40C) so we didn't get to enjoy eachother... But we got to see what a cute pickle Maria Lorna is growing to be:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And we also managed a brief meeting with Elita (sorry about the crap picture)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

HIGHLIGHTS:

Matilda learns that babies don't grow under cabbages:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comfort, the job of motherhood:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Matilda and Alexandros:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Matilda found half a lemon in the kitchen and started licking it and saying "Yummy! Lemonade!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My loves:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cuddly baby:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


No comments: