Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Table Manners

What do you do when your toddler eats like that?

Photobucket


Do you correct her, show her how to eat like a civilized person?
I grab the camera!

Transcript, because sound was so bad. Any mention to Pa Lion is from a book we read, called QUIET!:






Talking in a deep voice, because she's being a Lion: You are the girl and I'm the boy.
-What are you being?
-I'm being Pa Lion.
-Ah, you're being Pa Lion.
-We are two lions in a jungle house, and there are amimals (animals.)
Philip is being loud. I will eat him. Where is he?
-Is he hiding?
-Yes. Where is he?
-QUIET!
-I am quiet.
-You're a farty pants you are!
-Pa lion is very hungry... That's why I...
-That's why you what?
-That's why the animals are very loud, and I was telling the parrots to be quiet. Right now. And then the parrots were quiet. They're all quiet.

-Eat your food, don't walk in it!
-There's more on my chair.
-There's some on your elbow. There's a bit of pasta on your elbow.

(Peter throws ball at me.)

-May I ask why you're throwing things at me?
-We're playing fetch.
-Daddy is throwing things at me, what should I do? EAT HIM PA LION, FIND HIM AND EAT HIM!
-There he is.
-EAT HIM PA LION, FIND HIM AND EAT HIM! HE'S THROWING THINGS AT ME!
(goes after the cat)
No, daddy's throwing things at me. Eat daddy.
-I'll sleep with him.









-What are you doing?
-Quiet!
-Why do I have to be quiet?
-She's being a Lion.
-Yes. I'm Pa Lion. Lions like Pasta. It makes them happy. Baby Leo's woken up.
-WHO WOKE UP LEO? FIND THEM PA LION, FIND THEM AND EAT THEM.
-Philip is being... Is he being a green monkey?
-Are you being a green monkey Philip?
-He's saying daddy and being a monkey. Monkeys say "daddy".

No comments: