Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Crickets

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*
Boy it's been quiet around here. Sorry about that. All I can say is, it's been a hectic couple of months. My last post was about my mum being in hospital. She's doing well, and recovering a lot quicker than the doctors expected. She is still bedridden, but that's not as bad as it sounds. Because she has a sore on the sole of her foot, she's not allowed to step on it until it's healed -and because she is so heavy, the physio is worried that she could damage her other leg if she puts all her weight on it. Her foot is almost healed up though, and she should be on her feet as soon as this happens. She got discharged from hospital in the beginning of July and I flew over there with Philip to help. Matilda stayed home with Daddy, Nanny and Pop Pop.
We spent three weeks in Greece with mum and Andreas, and then had to come back. In the end we got mum to agree to a 24 hour helper, so a lady called Irina moved in to our spare bedroom. I didn't get to meet her, but mum said she's nice.

Sorry I didn't blog about this sooner, and also sorry to all my greek friends for not letting you know I was coming and not getting in touch when I was there. I really didn't meet with anyone, I was too busy playing nurse (my mum needed her catheter emptied, and to be turned several times a day to avoid bedsores) keeping house and chasing after Philip -not easy as the house was completely non-baby proof. I'm hoping to travel again soon and make that a normal holiday.

Anyway, I'm back now, and will return to the normal brainless posts we all know and love. Heh.

No comments: