Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A pound for a pound?



(EDIT: I put a future date on this post so it stays at the top of my blog. I will edit it every week with weight loss updates. Thanks everyone!)

TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER: Starting off at 21 stone 10 lbs. I've been having a bad weight loss week (made chocolate cake... bad Anna!) so I will be pleased if I even stay the same weight for next week.
TUESDAY 30 SEPTEMBER: Have I said I love this diet? I LOVE this diet! I did lose after all, I lost 3 lbs! Current weight 21 stone 7 lbs, - 3lbs this week.
TUESDAY 9 OCTOBER: Weightloss this week zero, zilch, nothing, none at all. Roughly the opposite of the chocolate chip biscuits I've been eating. I'm being really good this week though, hold on to your wallets! Current weight 21 stone 7 lbs, - 0lbs this week.
TUESDAY 14 OCTOBER: GAH! Gah gah gah. I didn't lose this week either. Ok, I get it for the previous week, but this week I thought I was being reasonably good. Ok, now I'm PISSED. Current weight 21 stone 7 lbs, - 0lbs this week.
TUESDAY 21 OCTOBER: Aaaand she's back! 4 pounds lost this week, thank you very much. Phew, what a relief. Current weight 21 stone 3 lbs, - 4lbs this week.
Tuesday 2 December: I've not been very good at updating, have I??? Still, weight loss is continuing, even if it's slow (sorry Anna!) Current weight 20 stone 11 lbs, loss up to now 13 lbs (or a bit shy of 6 kg for the Greeks, blech... should be more!)
Tuesday 16 December: Weight loss this week: 3 lbs. Current weight 20 stone 8 lbs, loss up to now 16 lbs. Ok, if I manage to lose 4 lbs this week, I'll hit my 20 lbs before Christmas target! £20 is a nice amount to donate isn't it? ;)



As you may or (hopefully) may not know, I've put on quite a lot of weight since I met Peter. If you don't believe me just ask pretty much everyone that felt the need to comment on it when I was in Greece (to rephrase: just ask just about anyone I met in Greece.) Since for the first time in the past four years I am not post partum or pregnant, I decided it's finally time to do something about it -I joined Weight Watchers. It's going quite well so far and I am steadily losing weight, but for that extra kick, I decided to do a Sponsored Weight Loss. I am looking for people that may want to commit to donating a set amount of money to Reece's Rainbow for every lb I lose from now until Christmas. RR is a recognised charity that facilitates international adoptions of children with Down’s Syndrome, who would otherwise face short, unhappy lives in mental institutions.

annasmall

With my sponsored weight-loss I am trying to gather some funds for the adoption of a specific little girl: Four-year-old Anna, from Eastern Europe. At this time, Anna doesn’t have any grants in aid of her adoption, or a family committed to adopting her. She has a heart defect (ASD) but she can walk, run, jump and climb and is a very social, active little girl. In her country, children with special needs are transferred to mental institutions shortly after their 4rth birthday –Anna’s 4rth birthday was last spring.

If you would like to commit to donating any amount you feel comfortable with for every lb I lose, please leave a comment or email me. I will weigh myself at Weight Watchers every Tuesday evening and announce my current weight and loss for the week here. You can donate via paypal or cheque, to my address or directly to Reece's Rainbow (please specify for Anna's Sponsored Weightloss.) You are welcome to donate every week or to just keep track and do one lump sum donation at the end of your sponsorship. And obviously, you are free to end your sponsorship whenever you like. Any amount we manage to put together will make a difference to Anna.

Thanks :)

12 comments:

Narcissa said...

Hi, I would like to sponsor you! As I know RR collects collect in USD, I will sponsor you $5 for every pound you lose :).

cheers and Good Luck!
Renia in Munich

Narcissa said...

I forgot to say maybe you could set up a "Chip In" Widget!

Renia

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Thank you very much Renia, that is VERY generous! :)
I don't know how to set up a Chip In widget, any suggestions/instructions?

Anna

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Thank you very much Renia, that is VERY generous! :)
I don't know how to set up a Chip In widget, any suggestions/instructions?

Anna

Narcissa said...

I think they are very easy to set up. I don´t even have a blog (I should!) because them I would do some fund raising too!

http://www.chipin.com/ - See how you go!!

Narcissa said...

Good Luck this week, hope you lose weight!

Narcissa said...

Hello, I donated some money a few days ago, but I think you need to claim it!

cheers
Renia

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Thank you Renia, I didn't realise I had to claim it! :)

Best,

Anna

Narcissa said...

I thought it would be automatic...? Maybe because it was the first one....

Anonymous said...

is there a problem with your blog? I can't see the text over the busy background. Is there a way to make it so there is a white background or something where just the text is?

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Anonymous, it seems fine to me... Maybe it was a server glitch? Does it look ok now?

Anna

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Anonymous, it seems fine to me... Maybe it was a server glitch? Does it look ok now?

Anna

Blog Archive