Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Three Year Old Worries

The following conversation happened today:

Matilda: Mummy, I'm sad.
Me: Why are you sad baby?
Matilda: Because when I grow up I won't be able to see you anymore.
Me: ...!!! Why do you think you won't be able to see me anymore?
Matilda: Because I'll be a mummy and have my own babies, and I won't be able to see you anymore.
Me: (light bulb moment)Do you think you won't be able to see me anymore because I don't see my own mummy?
Matilda: Yes, you are a mummy, and you don't see Yaya, she is in Greece.
Me: But that's because Yaya is in Greece and we are in England. There are lots of other mummies that live close to their own mummies and see them every day. Nanny is Aunty Cathy's mummy, and Aunty Cathy lives next door to Nanny and sees her every day (slight exaggeration because I was trying to make my point clear to her.) If you want to, you can live really close to mummy and daddy when you have your own babies, and see us all the time.
Matilda: Ok then. And I'll marry Oscar and have my own babies.

She is getting old too fast :( And I never thought she'd be worrying about such a thing!

h

1 comment:

Julia Pollard said...

Oh very cute! Gorgeous photo too :o)