Friday, August 10, 2012

A Mouse of Great Importance

Mouse has been here for two months already. She has well and truly settled in and we believe she is now planning a hostile take over. She is a fairly easy baby (as long as you keep her mouth plugged with a boob most of the time!) but still not an especially smiley one. Instead she observes the world around her with a slight frown, like a miniature anthropologist trying to decipher the ways of an amazon tribe. (The rainforest, not the online book shop. Wait, this is our family I'm talking about, maybe the online bookshop is where our tribe really belongs!)

The Frown:







Other times she lets her rebelious nature shine through even more.



She has found her niche in the family life, which largely consists of her hanging on my boob most of her waking hours, and sleeping next to my boob the rest of the time -much like her big brother and sister before her. The main (and VERY significant!) difference is that Ramona actually SLEEPS during the night! After having two babies that... how to put this kindly... DIDN'T (Teddy doesn't count, he came to us already broken-in) I, of course, take no credit for her good sleep habits. It must be God's way of making it up to me for the hellish pregnancy and labour.

Ramona after yet another session of binge-milk-drinking:



Luckily, her facial expressions are not restricted to frowning disapprovingly at the universe's choice of parents and threatening us:

"You want a piece of me punk? Huh? Do you?"



"Hiiiiiiii-YA!"



Here she is, showing her, shall we say, NON-DELINQUENT side.



"If I try really really hard.... hhhhnnnnhhh.... I can levitate!"



"Don't be scared of me... I'm only a little Mouse!"



Coming next time: How the rest of the family is doing, and what we all think of Ramona.



Y'all take care for now... and

"Thank you. Thank you very much."




1 comment:

ana rabade said...

So, you have a new rabbit and a new mouse,then :o)